A not so embarrassing anymore fatblog by Curtis Autery

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Week 20

190.4/194.6

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit." - Mike Tyson

On vacation I ate more than I intended to, more sugars, more snack foods, and bigger meals. On the first couple days, I gained a little, and then plateaued for most of the week, and finally lost a smidge towards the end, back to where I started. I exercised mainly with situps, pushups, and jogging, which was nice. My body healed up all the microtears and such from my heavy workouts at home, and I increased my jogging distance to about a mile before I need to walk and catch my breath.

After a week with no net change in weight, I came home and promptly got ill. Not the first time I've gotten sick after a vacation. Like the last time I blogged about being sick (9 weeks and 25 pounds ago, to be precise), I had the same thing happen. One day I had a scratchy throat, which I chalked up to the Carolina pollen being worked out of my system, and put in a thunderous workout at the gym, and was half-dead the next day, having to call in sick to work. I'm feeling a little better now, and have managed to drop a few more pounds without much in the way of exercise. No overexertion until I'm back to 100%.

In theory, I've got just over 5 pounds to go, and hold it there for a few days so the trend line can catch up. I look pretty good now, my stomach being flat most of the time I don't have a meal in me, and I'm back in to regular style 36" waist pants now, which I haven't been able to do since my kid was born 11 years ago. I still have a touch of love-handle, though. I'm not sure if that's going to take care of itself as my abs, obliques, etc. get more toned, I'll need to subtract still more from my goal, or if I'm stuck with them for life. I'll reevaluate when I get there, I guess.

My evaluation now, 64.6 pounds lost in 143 days, dropping my BMI from 31 to 23.2, bodyfat from 37% to 16%, and 6" of waist off of my pants, is that this little project is a raging success.

Back in 2 Saturdays

No comments: