A not so embarrassing anymore fatblog by Curtis Autery

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Week 9

220.6/224.4

"The body is a house of many windows: there we all sit, showing ourselves and crying on the passers-by to come and love us." - Robert Louis Stevenson

I think my weight is between stable balance points. This Sunday I was heavier than the last time I posted. Some of that may have had to do with experimenting with more daily Calories, but I also chalk some of it up to my increasingly frequent "epicycles" of plateaus before losses. The two issues came to a head on Sunday, bringing my daily weight and trend line closer together than at any point since I began losing weight. I was a little frustrated, but not worried, as I've seen this a few times now.

Here's what my daily weight was doing between Monday the 7th and Sunday the 13th:



But, again, in the overall picture, this isn't worrisome. To illustrate, here is the overall history, complete with trend line:



As you can see, plateaus, short-term gains, but a clear trend downward. I plan to stay on the program, and have faith in my body and the math.

Lastly, my body continues to visibly trim up, to the point where more people have felt a need to comment. This is a huge motivator, and a surprising one, as I hadn't anticipated feeling so positive about other people's views of me. Another thing I've noticed is that strangers are less rude to me now, and passersby on the street don't seem as confrontational if the sidewalks are crowded. Maybe some of that is my own perception and just feeling better about life, but I think at least some of it is a psychological queue to reject fat people that is no longer being triggered. Humans are a messed up lot, I tell ya' what.

No comments: